Because it's Thursday, it's a teaching day, it's almost tomorrow and I have nothing original to put forth at the moment, I'm robbing the meme-a-rama from Cops, Kat, Mensch, et al.
1. Have you ever been searched by the cops?
Heavens, no. Why would they do that?
2. Do you close your eyes on roller coasters?
Heavens, no. Why would I do that?
3. When's the last time you've been sledding?
Too soon. I don't have anything against sledding, except that I broke my arm sledding when I was in 5th grade and have totally held it against the sport of sledding ever since. The last time I went sledding with a humorous tale to tell (read: funny at someone else's expense) was when I took TinyTuna when she was pretty darn teeny tiny. The hill was big and I rode on the back of the toboggan. When we reached the bottom of the hill, it was apparent that I forgot the whole philosophy of she who sits in front gets face full of snow. She looked like a miniature Al Jolson and proceeded to scream her head off. Me? You know it. I laughed. But in my defense, I made it better later with hot chocolate.
4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone?
I would be happy just to sleep. Yoga at midnight and wide awake at 5am is nuts.
5. Do you believe in ghosts?
Only Caspar and the Stay-Puft Marshmallow man.
6. Do you consider yourself creative?
Have you seen my non-answers to these questions?
7. Do you think O.J. killed his wife?
I'd answer, but I'm too busy helping O.J. find the real killers.
Actually, this answer lives in a no thinking zone. Duh.
8. Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie?
I sure wouldn't want to see them as ghosts, and I doubt that they would ever go sledding with me. Personally, I'd pass on the pair of them.
9. Do you stay friends with your exs?
Perhaps very surprisingly, yes. Friends however, is a relative term. I am able to be pleasant and friendly, but it doesn't mean that I leave myself open and vulnerable for a repeat performance of a previous disaster.
10. Do you know how to play poker?
Bet the farm! Bet the farm!
Oh. That's Jeopardy.
Some? Sort of? I'm not a big gambler.
I'm not even a little gambler.
11. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight?
Heavens, no. Why would I do that?
12. What's your favorite commercial?
My current favorite commercial is the American Express "Roddick vs. Pong" ad.
Scout and I saw this last weekend and just about fell off the couch laughing.
13. What are you allergic to?
The sun. Go figure.
14. What is right to the right of you?
Empty water bottle. Mike Hard Lime bottlecap, a pile of post-it notes, a tower of paperclips, a rubberband ball and about 20 coasters.
15. Have you ever had a Choco Taco?
No. It sounds gross.
16. Boston Red Sox or New York Yankees?
After the Tigers, does it really matter who is in 2nd place?
17. Have you ever been Ice Skating?
Define Ice Skating. Have I ever been Ice Skating Rink Wall hugging? Absolutely. Have I ever perfected the craft of the Human Zamboni? You butt my frozen butt I have.
18. How often do you remember your dreams?
Every day. But only in my dreams. So really, not often at all.
19. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
Not the last time, but the best time I laughed so hard that I cried was at an extended family dinner table incident when the kids (and then at least one of the adults) started laughing at the concept of the old Play-Doh Fuzzy Pumper Barber Shop. This somehow morphed into Burger King, and thus the infamous In Go Potatoes, Out Comes Fries debacle was born, with some of us in inexplicable hysterics, and the rest absolute furious at something that was NOT funny AT ALL (which, naturally, made us laugh all the harder).
20. Can you name 5 songs by The Beatles?
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
When I'm 64
I am the Walrus
Let it Be
21. What's the one thing on your mind now?
22. Do you believe in love at first sight?
23. Do you put salt on a turkey dinner?
Heavens no. Why would I do that? Turkey is dry enough all on it's own.
24. Do you always wear your seat belt?
Yes. Mother. Good role model. Yada yada yada.
25. What cell service do you use?
Cingular. More bars. Less dropped calls. Everywhere except where I happen to be.
26. Do you like Sushi?
Honestly, I've never had it. I can eat rubber bands of the sea (raw oysters) given enough sauce, but generally speaking, the entire concept sounds a bit yeeesh.
27. Have you ever narrowly avoided a fatal accident?
As opposed to not narrowly avoided a fatal accident? If so, see #5, above.
28. What do you wear to bed?
PJs. Mother. Role model. House might catch on fire, and then what would I do?
29. Been caught stealing?
30. Have you ever been on the funny website?
www.thefunnywebsite.com took me HERE.
And, the answer would have been no. Until just now. And now the answer is yes, and I can't say that it was all that humorous, really.
31. Do you truly hate anyone?
It's too much trouble.
32. Classic Rock or Rap?
I might just truly hate Rap.
Ok, no might about it.
33. If you could sleep with one famous person, who would it be?
Google. He knows everything.
34. Have you ever been punched in the face?
I hope not.
35. What food do you find disgusting?
I think disgusting is a little harsh. I go for the more genteel I do not prefer. This includes eggplant, rhubarb, okra, oatmeal, olives and cake.
36. Do you sing in the shower?
I sing most of the day. I don't waste it in the shower.
37. Did you ever play, "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours"?
Only with Okra, Oatmeal, Olives and cake.
38. Have you ever made fun of your friends behind their back?
Please. I'm a Soprano. It's genetically impossible not to.
39. Have you ever stood up for someone you hardly knew?
Sure. Concert halls. Sporting events. Someone is always wanting to crawl over you at the last minute when you managed to get yourself seated in a timely fashion.
40. Have you ever sang in front of the mirror?
Only as a teaching tool. It's a best friend - worse enemy kind of situation.