I have to go to my happy place, otherwise I'll explode.
1. My family is healthy and relatively sane.
2. My singing calendar is filling up nicely for the 2004-2005 season. I have a doctoral clarinet recital, A choral gig, A Saint-Saens Christmas Oratorio gig, A Messiah gig, and two (!!) Carmina Burana gigs. O Fortuna!
3. I have nine beautiful persimmons ripening on my windowsill, waiting to be magically transformed into scrumptious cookies. They were 99-cents each, but the cashier swore to me that they were 2/$1. Who was I to argue?
4. Fabio now loves me in an entirely natural "please feed me" kind of way and his horny alter ego, Mr. Grunty, leaves my arm alone.
5. There are still leaves to scuffle.
6. I have books to read, music to listen to, fluff to spin, yarn to knit and sewing to sew. I can fill my time and expand my mind with creative and intellectual pursuits.
7. Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup is still a classic, yummy combination.
8. The Amazing Race 6 starts in two weeks.
9. I'm done with work in 30 minutes.
10. I continue to be inspired and enriched by a wonderfully diverse group of friends both near and far. Each brings something special and makes a unique imprint on my life.
11. 20 more minutes of work.
12. Alison did NOT win BB4. Ditto for Cowboy and BB5.
13. Alison also lost The Amazing Race.
14. Wangari Maathai. Sometimes I think her story is all the inspiration I need.
15. I'm leaving 5 minutes early.