America, We Stand As One
As I was watching this traffic wreck of a music video, the first thing that caught my eye was the following disclaimer:
America We Stand As One and Dennis Madalone did not authorize or assist in the production,After watching this train wreck, I STAMPEDED to see my boyfriend, and I whispered America We Stand As One Spoof in his ear, hoping for a big, big payoff.
creation, or concept behind alternative "spoof" videos of America We Stand As One.
DO NOT BE FOOLED BY IMITATIONS!
I wasn't disappointed.
But before I bring you the spoof, which, I warn you now is full of not-appropriate for work type verbiage (unless you're a sailor), I thought I'd bring you some reviews of the aforementioned video from the Internets:
From MacAddict Forum
- "Cut that hair, hippie!" (MustafaMond)
- "Where can I get some of that flag water?" (Touque Guy)
- "That's not true, is it? That can't be true. I refuse to believe that's true. It's a spoof. Please, tell me it's a spoof. Some bozo wouldn't pretend to be a dead fireman dancing with angels and American flags, would he?" (SchnickyShnack)
- "Never before have I seen so many cliches culminated in one source." (Jax)
- "Now I have to go poke my eyes out." (Mars Attacks)
- "For the past fourteen years, Dennis Madalon was best known as stunt coordinator on Star Trek: The Next Generation and Deep Space 9. "Not only his physical prowess but also his charisma landed him appearances on Regis and Kathy Lee".... I think he landed on his head one too many times working a stunt coordinator. (Colin the angry young man)
- "Is it just me, or is the resemblance to Weird Al Yankovic sort of eerie?" (ck1)
So, without further adieu, I bring you, THE SPOOF.
- "Sincere posturing, outstretched arms, curly mullet, ripped jeans, cameltoe, pained close-ups, profile silhouette, blustery wind, fist-pumping, united-front lineup, rushing ocean waters... Wow! This video is like, ALL the 80s video cliches rolled into one." (Avatar)
- "Three letters: W. T. F." (Isaac B2)
But wait, there's more. Oh yes, there is more. Not more patriotic grandstanding, because really, how much can anyone take on a Monday morning?
Behold, I bring you, The Apache Dance.
Oh Internets, I love you so.