Today was a day of firsts and lasts. Some noteables included:
1. The first snow day for TeenTuna. Yes, we were a part of the "midwest YOU'RE GOING TO DIE" mess, also known as, "hey, it's December and it's going to snow." Considering where we live and what month it is in the year, none of this should be a big surprise, but no big surprise equals NO DRAMA, and in the life of a 14 year old, it's Dramady Central (as opposed to Dramidary Central, which is Camel TV) all day, every day.
2. Being the first snow day, it was also the first day of firing up the snow blower after a long summer's nap. There is nothing harder than coaxing a pull-rope piece of equipment back into existence, and it was a fun time this morning, you betcha. Oh, and for the record, we didn't die. Not even a tiny bit.
3. Because it was the first snow day, falling conveniently on a Friday in December, you had to guess that it was also the Last Day of School before Christmas break. I don't want to give away trade secrets, but I had heard lots of rumors from several different school districts that they had already decided the day before that they were going to cancel school today. That's all fine and good, but for a kid who had a HUGE social studies paper due today, it would have been so much better if the schedule change would have been announced the night before so we wouldn't have had to play the "School or No School" board game.
4. Tomorrow is my neice's birthday celebration. In order to have some sort of functioning living space where people could come over and not burst into laughter, we decided that tonight would begin the first night of "Massive Living Room Purge, 2008. Where's it all going to go? Magic 8-Ball says answer unclear so I'll just have to figure it out on my own. I'm thinking things don't look too good for the basement...
5. Finally, tomorrow marks the last weekend before Christmas. Don't ask. Please. Just. Don't. Ask.